Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trouble is a Friend..

This kind of friend stinks!

It started a fortnight ago. When the first time, I heard a commotion up in the ceiling, I thought it was a snake or something more terrifying...a thief!!! And then, there was scratching, walking and then, miowing..Then, I know that a cat chose our ceiling as its labor room. Huh...what a flattering gesture.

I wasn't fretting but my concern was that those kitten might die of a few causes that I could think of:
  • Heat
  • Snake
  • Injury of hitting to something hard (newborn kitten is fragile, clumsy and couldn't see clearly esp in dark).

But, what to do? We hoped that they'd survive the heat and darkness. Until last Sunday, after coming back from Pilah, we smell something, in our bedroom..ieww!!!
The first thought that came to my mind was...God! The kitten died. I told my husband my assumption and he denied it because, by having plaster ceiling, it should be odour proof.

After day 2 in the morning [note: we slept in the hall], he agreed to my theory..furthermore, there were no more scratching and mieowing. Maybe, the cat incidentally left her kittens or, the kitten hit itself in the dark. Poor kitten. My heart goes out to you, but my nose could not help the smell. And for us, we just hope that the day would be sunny and the heat would quickly help the carcass dry and the odour subsided.

After this, I would certainly insist my husband to mend the roof. So, no more smell to bear..no more meowing above our head and no more suspicions...huhuhuhu

No comments:

Post a Comment